At the forthcoming Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the EFRJ membership, two new Board members will be elected. The AGM will take place in Tirana, Albania on 13 June evening, followed by the 10th international conference of the EFRJ (14-16 June).
The EFRJ Board appointed the selection committee: Diana Ziedina (Latvia), Branka Peuraca (Croatia), Ivo Aertsen (Belgum), Ian Marder (UK). The tasks of the selection committee are to seek and approve nominations of candidates, to prepare the elections, and to control the election procedures. For more information please contact [email protected].
The following Board members (respectively, our current and former chairs of the Board) will be replaced:
- Tim Chapman, Northern Ireland, University of Ulster, Belfast
- Michael Kilchling, Germany (Chair). Researcher at the Max-Planck-Institut für Ausländisches und Internationales Strafrecht Freiburg.
Both Tim and Michael were elected as Board members during the 2012 AGM in Helsinki and will have their 6-year period fulfilled in 2018.
The members staying at the Board are:
- Aarne Kinnunen, Finland, Department of criminal policy, Helsinki (appointed in Belfast 2014, second mandate)
- Roberto Moreno, Spain, Head of Adults Justice Service at the Ministry of Public Administration and Justice of the Basque Government (appointed in Belfast 2014)
- Annemieke Wolthuis, The Netherlands, Vice-chair (appointed in Leiden 2016, second mandate)
- Lars Otto Justad, Norway, Konfliktraadet (appointed in Leiden 2016)
- Brunilda Pali, Belgium, KU Leuven Institute of Criminology (appointed in Leiden 2016)
- Bart Claes, Belgium, Erasmus University College Brussels (appointed in Leiden 2016)
- Patrizia Patrizi, Italy, Sassari University (appointed in Berlin 2017)
The deadline for the nominations is 11 February 2018. Members of the EFRJ will receive a email before Christmas with more information about the profiles of the two candidates searched and the procedure for nominations. Please contact [email protected] if you are a member of the EFRJ and did not receive the email.
By 11 March 2018, the selection committee will publish on the EFRJ website an overview of the candidates, together with the names of their proposers and seconders. Please find out more information on the election procedure in the Annex to the code of internal regulations. If you will be unable to attend the AGM but would like to participate in the election, you can use express your preference using the proxy vote.