At the forthcoming Annual General Meeting* which will be held on 21 June, 2016, in Leiden, the Netherlands, four new Board members will be elected. The EFRJ Board appointed the selection committee: Marta Ferrer (Spain), Siri Kemeny (Norway) and Frauke Petzold (Germany). The tasks of the selection committee are to seek and approve nominations of candidates, to prepare the elections, and to control the election procedures. For more information please contact email@example.com.
*The AGM will take place in Leiden during the 9th international conference of the EFRJ (22-24 June 2016).
The following Board members will be replaced:
• Bruno Caldeira, Portugal. Associação de Mediadores de Conflitos, Lisbon. Bruno was elected as Board Member during the 2010 AGM and will have his 6-year period fulfilled in 2016.
• Beata Czarnecka-Dzialuk, Poland. Institute of Justice, Warsaw. Institute of Law Studies of the Polish Academy of Sciences, Department of Criminology. Beata was elected as Board member during the 2010 AGM and will have her 6-year period fulfilled in 2016.
• Karolien Mariën, Belgium, Head of Civil Affairs Department of the town of Lummen. Karolien was elected as Board member during the 2014 AGM. She is stepping down as Treasurer of the Board.
• Annemieke Wolthuis, the Netherlands (Vice-chair). Researcher at Verwey-Jonker Instituut, Utrecht. Annemieke was elected as Board member during the 2010 AGM and will have her 6-year period fulfilled in 2016.
The members staying at the Board are:
• Tim Chapman, Northern Ireland, University of Ulster, Belfast
• Vicky De Souter, Belgium (Secretary). Belgian Ministry of Justice, Brussels.
• Aarne Kinnunen, Finland, Department of criminal policy, Helsinki.
• Michael Kilchling, Germany (Chair). Researcher at the Max-Planck-Institut für Ausländisches und Internationales Strafrecht Freiburg.
• Roberto Moreno, Spain, Head of Adults Justice Service at the Ministry of Public Administration and Justice of the Basque Government.
Members of the EFRJ will receive an email before Christmas with more information about the profiles of the candidates and the procedure for nominations. The deadline for the nominations is 11 February 2016. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are a member of the EFRJ and did not receive the email.
Find here an overview of the 7 candidates, together with the names of their proposers and seconders. Please find out more information on the election procedure in the Annex to the code of internal regulations. If you are unable to attend the AGM but would like to participate in the election, you can use express your preference using the proxy vote.