Last week, on 2 June, about 60 participants attended the seminar ‘Restorative Justice in Intercultural Conflicts‘ organised by the EFRJ in cooperation with the Servicebureau for Victim-Offender Mediation and Conflict Settlement (Cologne, Germany) and DBH e.V. – Association für Social Work, Criminal Law and Criminal Policy. The seminar took place in the occasion of the Annual General Meeting where members of the EFRJ gathered together to approve past and future strategies of the organisation.
If you attended the seminar, please click on this link and share your feedback with us: it will take only 5 minutes! Deadline: 9 July.
Below, you can download the presentation of the invited speakers of this event.
These presentations reflect only the presenter’s views. The EFRJ, the local organisers and the sponsors are not liable for any use that may be made of the information contained therein.
Azad– Now is the time for restorative justice! Opportunities and chances of mediation in cases involving refugees (German)
Chapman– Experiences with restorative justice in intercultural settings in Europe: The ALTERNATIVE project (English)
Bourgeois– How much ´culture´ is implied in intercultural conflicts? Experiences as seen from the perspective of supervision (German)
Rigoni– Empirical anlyses of mediation cases in intercultural settings in Germany, England and Norway (bilingual)
Please note that if you wish to use any of the materials, you must contact directly the author of the presentations.
In the following weeks, we will also publish a short report of the seminar, put together by our note-takers.
A short reminder to join us again in the next events we are organising:
• 4-7 July, Barcelona: Criminal Justice Summer Courses (register now: few seats still available!)
• 24-28 July, Como: Summer School on RJ in serious crimes (register to the waiting list)
• November, Leuven: Workshop on Values and Standards for RJ (more info will come soon)
• 19-26 November, Leuven: international RJ WEEK (more info here)
• 14-16 June 2018, Tirana: 10th international conference of the EFRJ (more info will come soon)