We are happy to announce the members of the Working Group on Values & Standards for RJ. Until the end of April, we received several candidatures from different parts of Europe and different fields of expertise. We are thankful to all those members that showed their motivation in working with the EFRJ team to identify minimum standards for RJ practices. The choice has been difficult: that’s why we selected six (instead of four) working group members. Shortlisted candidates have been contacted already and accepted the task.
The selected candidates are:
- Belinda Hopkins, director, trainer and consultant of Transforming Conflict (UK)
- Gian Luigi Lepri, psychologist and coordinator of the RJ city project at Sassari University (Italy)
- Virginia Domingo de la Fuente, professor and RJ practitioner at the Scientific Society of Restorative Justice (Spain)
- Diana Ziedina, head of the mediation division of the State Probation Service (Latvia)
- Monique Anderson, PhD researcher at KU Leuven (Belgium)
- Claudia Christen-Schneider, Justice Program Manager & RJ Advocate Prison Fellowship Switzerland & Swiss RJ Forum (Switzerland)
Their first meeting will take place in Berlin on 1 June. On the same evening all EFRJ members are invited to attend the Annual General Meeting and on 2 June there will be a conference on RJ in intercultural conflicts. Registrations are still open until 19 May!