EFRJ Conference Tirana 2018 – It is an established tradition of the EFRJ to be inclusive and invite in its conferences practitioners, researchers, scholars, legal professionals, social workers, artists, policy makers and activists to submit proposals for presenting during the parallel workshop sessions.
Papers that propose common projects or ideas, comparative frameworks, or organised panels are especially welcomed. Likewise, alternative formats besides the paper style, are very welcomed, such as debates, audiovisual sessions, the use of arts, circles, or training sessions etc. Sessions with 1 presenter will last 50 minutes, and interactive sessions with more presenters (or panel, film, and training sessions) will last 80 minutes. In every session, at least 30 minutes has to be allocated to discussion.
We encourage participants to choose one of the following types of presentations:
• Paper presentation – 50 minutes (including 30 minutes discussion)
• Panel discussion – 80 minutes (including 2-3 presentations and 30 minutes discussion)
• Testimonies or personal experiences of RJ – 50 minutes (including 30 minutes discussion)
• Training session – 80 minutes
• Dialogue session – 80 minutes
• Movie/documentary and discussion – 80 minutes
• Poster presentation (to be shown in the main hall where registrations and coffee breaks take place)
Proposal must be accompanied by:
• Title of the presentation/workshop
• Type of presentation: paper, training, panel, dialogue, movie/documentary, poster
• Theme: Criminal Justice/ Juvenile Justice/ Social Movement
• Abstract of the paper presentation/detailed description of the workshop (250 words)
• Biography of the presenter(s) (50 words)
• Keywords that describe your presentation/workshop
Abstracts must be submitted in a Word document by
1 November 2017 7 January 2018 (postponed deadline!) using this link (in case two or more presenters will submit the same proposal, please make sure all names are mentioned in the Word document). All submitted abstracts will be reviewed by our scientific committee. Applicants will be informed about the acceptance of their proposal about one month after the deadline. Please note that all presenters must be registered at the conference (registrations opened) and all abstracts must be submitted in English, the official language of the conference.