Proposers: Cristina Vasilescu (Il Gabbiano, Italy) and Ivo Aertsen (KU Leuven, Belgium)
Despite the learning process started within the Working Group on Restorative Cities (2019-2022), many challenges faced in the process of building a restorative city are still worthy of a deep consideration through a collective learning process between cities interested/engaged in this topic. To this end, the representatives of Como and Lecco (IT) and Leuven (BE) restorative cities propose to pursue the work of the Working Group on Restorative Cities. While the working topics of the next Working Group will be defined jointly with its new members, some initial proposals are:
- Creation of an online version of the Restorative Cities Travel Guide drafted by the previous Working Group to provide learning on how to build a restorative city to be published on the EFRJ website and websites of the Working Group members;
- Translation of the Travel Guide in the national languages of the Working Group members to ensure its accessibility at local level;
- Continuation of the learning exchange process with other restorative cities around the world to improve knowledge on how to deal with challenges to building restorative cities and update of the Travel Guide;
- Engagement of city representatives in the meetings of the Working Groups to bridge knowledge between practitioners and policymakers on restorative cities.
- Continuation of the monthly (online) meetings of the WG.
Profiles of potential members of this Working Group:
- EFRJ members engaged in existing Restorative Cities in Europe and beyond;
- EFRJ members initiating a cooperation with local municipalities to establish a Restorative City;
- EFRJ members experienced in restorative-oriented governance models and restorative practices aimed at encouraging citizens’ participation.