At the forthcoming Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the European Forum for Restorative Justice (EFRJ), two new Board members will be elected. New Board members, according to the adapted rules will be elected for a 4 years term.
The AGM will take place in Sassari, Italy on 24 June evening, followed by the 11th International Conference of the EFRJ (25-27 June). Before that, the EFRJ also organises a 1,5 day training course on "Restorative language beyond borders" (23-24 June).
The EFRJ Board appointed the Selection Committee composed of EFRJ members:
- Marta Ferrer from Spain,
- Peter Keeley from Ireland,
- Robert Friskovec from Slovenia and
- Monique Anderson from Belgium.
The task of the Selection Committee is to seek and approve nominations of candidates, to prepare the elections, and to control the election procedures. The chair of the committee is Peter Keeley. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following Board members are to be replaced:
- Aarne Kinnunen, Finland, Department of criminal policy, Helsinki (appointed in Belfast 2014, second mandate)
- Roberto Moreno, Spain, Head of Adults Justice Service at the Ministry of Public Administration and Justice of the Basque Government (appointed in Belfast 2014)
The members staying at the Board are:
- Tim Chapman, UK, University of Ulster (appointed in Tirana 2018, second mandate)
- Annemieke Wolthuis, The Netherlands, Vice-chair (appointed in Leiden 2016, second mandate)
- Lars Otto Justad, Norway, Konfliktraadet (appointed in Leiden 2016)
- Brunilda Pali, Belgium, KU Leuven Institute of Criminology (appointed in Leiden 2016)
- Bart Claes, Belgium, Avans University NL (appointed in Leiden 2016)
- Patrizia Patrizi, Italy, Sassari University (appointed in Berlin 2017)
- Katerina Soulou, Greece (appointed in Tirana 2018)
The deadline for the nominations is 10 March 2020.
The preferred profile of the new Board member is strong background in policy (national or international level) or representative of a practice organisation. Preference is given to candidates from Nordic, Baltic or Eastern European countries. As we have already 2 board members from Belgium, we can not accept candidatures from Belgium. Please note, that coming from an EU member state is not a requirement. Organisational members have to nominate a person for board membership, not the organisation as such.
Still, ANY application from any full member is welcome! Application are valid when a proposer and a seconder is named among full members of the EFRJ. Applications (proposals) have to include a half page introduction of the candidate and has to be submitted to the Selection Committee. Please contact email@example.com if you have questions or doubts, or to submit your candidature.
By 24 March 2020, the selection committee will publish on the EFRJ website an overview of the candidates, together with the names of their proposers and seconders. Please find out more information on the election procedure in the Annex to the code of internal regulations.