The website is operated by the European Forum for Restorative Justice vzw, Hooverplein 10 3000 Leuven Company number : 0474 656 137, Rechtspersonenregister: RPR Leuven, referred to EFRJ from now on.
1. WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small pieces of data that a website asks your browser to store on your computer or mobile device when you visit the website or certain pages. The cookie allows the website to “remember” your actions or preferences over time. Most browsers support cookies, but users can set their browsers to decline them and can delete them whenever they like.
Cookies will usually contain the name of the website where the cookie has come from, how long the cookie will remain on your device, and a value which is usually a randomly generated unique number.
Some cookies will be deleted as soon as you leave the website (the so-called “session cookies”), other cookies will remain stored on your computer or mobile device and will help us identify you as a visitor of our website (the so-called “permanent cookies”).
Cookies on our Website are used for a variety of different purposes.
3. WHICH COOKIES DO WE USE?
We use first party and third party cookies:
First party cookies are cookies created by the Website itself. These cookies are used to optimize your user-experience.
Third party cookies are cookies created by parties other than the Website. Third party cookies in relation to our Website are Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google Analytics. Google Analytics is Google’s analytics tool which helps us understand how you engage with the Website. It may use a set of cookies to collect information and report Website usage statistics without personally identifying individual visitors to Google. The main cookie used by Google Analytics is the ‘___ga’ cookie.
A further distinction can be made between the following types of cookies:
Necessary cookies: These are required for the operation of our Website. They include for example cookies that enable you to log in. Our necessary cookies are named here:
- cookie_compliance: this cookie is needed to keep track of which cookies we may place on your device (retention period: 2 years);
- PHPSESSID: hold general session info (retention until end of browser session).
Analytical/performance cookies: These cookies allow us to analyse our webtraffic, to see the number of users of our Website and how the users navigate through our Website. Our analytical/performance cookies are named here:
- _gat, _ga, _gid: The user visit to calibrate.be is measured anonymously via Google Universal Analytics in order to optimise the information offered on calibrate.be. Google Analytics is set up in such a way that the IP address is not processed or data is shared. (permanent cookies with a maximum validity of 2 years)
Other analytical cookies that we use:
- _cfduid: the Cloudflare cookie is used to ensure that the web pages load faster; this does not track user information or user ID. This cookie is also used by cloudflare to add security settings per visitor. BV: If cloudflare notices that your machine may be infected, they will show the visitor a security challenge.
- IDE: cookie placed for Google Ads remarketing.
- BizoID: this cookie stores a unique LinkedIn user ID (LinkedIn Insight Tag). For your information: the LinkedIn User ID does not contain any personal identification information (storage period: 6 months) (for more information see: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/cookie-table);
- UserMatchHistory: cookie placed by LinkedIn for LinkedIn Ad analytics (storage period: 6 months) (For more information see: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/cookie-table);
- Bcookie: Browser ID cookie placed by LinkedIn (storage period: 1 year) (For more information see: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/cookie-table);
- lidc: cookie placed by LinkedIn (storage period: 1 day) (For more information, see: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/cookie-table);
- lang: cookie placed by LinkedIn. This cookie saves your language settings for LinkedIn Ad Analytics;
- fr: cookie placed by Facebook. This cookie is placed for Facebook advertising (storage period: 3 months);
- _hjIncludedInSample: To gain insight into the click, scroll and viewing behaviour of visitors, we use Hotjar cookies. The cookie contains a unique identifier (UUID), which makes it possible to follow the same visitor on multiple pages and sessions. This session cookie is placed to let Hotjar know if a visitor is included in the sample;
- cmp251985849: Cookie placed by trackcmp.net or activehosted.com = Active Campaign; (retention period 1 month);
- cmp999956798: Cookie placed by trackcmp.net or activehosted.com = Active Campaign; (Retention period 1 month);
- _form_19_ : Cookie placed by trackcmp.net or activehosted.com = Active Campaign. This cookie records for 60 days whether or not you have responded to the pop up to subscribe to our newsletter. If not, the pop-up will reappear after 60 days;
- MUID, MUIDB: Cookies placed by Bing Ad Analytics. Identifies unique web browsers. These cookies are used for online advertising, site analytics and other operational purposes in the context of Bing advertising. (Storage period 24 months)
4. HOW CAN YOU MANAGE OR DELETE COOKIES?
You can at any time manage or delete cookies using the settings on your internet browser, allowing you to refuse some or all cookies. Turning off cookies will limit the service that we are able to provide and may affect your user-experience. Deleting cookies may result in manually adjusting preferences every time you visit our Website. For more details about controlling and/or deleting cookies, visit the page corresponding to your browser for more information:
For other browsers, please consult the documentation provided by the browser operator.
This Cookie Statement was last amended and revised on January 13, 2020.