European Forum for Restorative Justice (EFRJ) attributes great importance to protecting your personal data. We respect the privacy of all users of our site and ensure that the personal information you provide us with is treated confidentially.
As EFRJ we are responsible for processing your personal data.
This means that we:
- process your personal data in line with the purpose for which it has been provided. These purposes and type of personal data are described in this Privacy Statement;
- limit the processing of your personal data to only the data that is minimally necessary for the purposes for which it is being processed;
- request your explicit consent if we need this in order to process your personal data;
- have taken appropriate technical and organizational measures so that the security of your personal data is guaranteed;
- do not pass any personal data to other parties, unless this is necessary in order to implement the purposes for which it was provided;
- are aware of your rights regarding your personal data, will inform you of these rights and will respect them.
If you have any questions about this or if you wish to contact us, see our contact details at the end of the document.
When you send us an email or other communications, we may keep these communications. Sometimes we ask you for your personal data that is relevant to the particular situation. This enables us to deal with your questions and to respond to your requests.
Data that we collect when you visit our website
Why we process personal data
Your personal data is processed by EFRJ for the following purposes and legal reasons:
for the performance of an agreement
- participation in the organisation's activities and events
- sending newsletters, and invitations to events
- If you express interest in how the organization works, would like additional information as a (potential) (principal) member, volunteer, partner, donor or project applicant
- if a need for it exists by virtue of legislation and regulations
For the above purposes we can request the following personal data from you and process it:
- Personal identity data: last name, first name, address, telephone number, email
- Identity data issued by the government: identity card number, national identification number (where necessary)
- Personal characteristics: sex, date of birth, place of birth, nationality (where necessary)
- Financial data: in respect of membership, costs claims etc.
- Operation of our website such as IP address and cookies
Provision to third parties
We can pass the data you give us to third parties if this is necessary in order to implement the purposes described above.
It is possible that these external parties will obtain access to your personal data, or will need to process it, during the performance of these services.
We may use a third party for:
- the provision of the internet environment (webhosting)
- the provision and dissemination of newsletters and invitations;
- accountancy reasons
Data collected from other sources
We may collect information about you via other legitimate sources, e.g. external data collectors, public sources and social networks. Such information may include personal contact details and personal data forming part of your profile for a social network.
Unsubscribing from the newsletter
In our newsletter you can unsubscribe from the newsletter via a link. If you fill out a contact form on our website or if you send us an email, the data you send is kept for as long as is necessary to deal with your communication or email fully and correctly.
Amending/unsubscribing from communication
If you wish to amend your data or have yourself removed from our records, you can contact us. See contact details at the end of the text.
Your rights in respect of your data
You have the right to inspect and the right to correct or remove personal data that we have received from you. See our contact details at the end of the document
EFRJ will not keep your personal data for longer than is necessary for the stated purpose, taking into consideration our need to respond to questions, improve services and offer new services, and to comply with the legal requirements.
This means that we can keep your personal data for a reasonable period after your last interaction with EFRJ. When the personal data that we collect is no longer required we will destroy or remove it in a secure manner.
Security of your personal data
EFRJ will keep your personal data secure against unauthorized access, use or disclosure. EFRJ will keep the personal data you supply to computer servers safe in a controlled, secure environment, protected against unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
Questions and feedback
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, you can contact us, as the controller of the personal data:
European Forum for Restorative Justice vzw
Tel.: +32 (0)466 20 91 12
The most recent version of the privacy statement can always be found on this page.
For additional information on the protection of personal data you can contact www.privacycommission.be.