Summer school 2017
Restorative justice in serious crime: good quality standards and effective services
7th edition, Como.
The 7th edition of the European Forum for Restorative Justice (EFRJ) summer school took place at the University of Insubria (Como, Italy) on 24-28 July 2017.
This year’s theme was ‘Restorative justice in serious crime: good quality standards and effective services’. The topic has been chosen because it is in line with the EFRJ’s agenda , namely to ensure that every person in Europe have the right of access to RJ services, in any criminal case and at any stage of the criminal procedures.
The Summer School 2017 provided a safe and inspiring space for participants to gain additional knowledge and, where relevant, to practice advanced skills that bring benefit to victims and offenders.
- Access to RJ for parties involved in serious crimes.
- Preparatory meetings for parties involved in serious crimes.
- Facilitation of a RJ process with parties involved in serious crimes.
- Training of RJ practitioners dealing with serious crimes.
- Dealing with values and feelings in relation to certain types of serious crimes.
- Supervision and support of RJ practitioners dealing with serious crimes.
- Vince Mercer, UK
- Kristel Buntinx, Belgium
- The group of the encounter, Italy
Local organizing team:
This event is organised in partnership with the Centre for Restorative Justice and Mediation Studies of the University of Insubria. This centre was established on 6 October 2014 by Prof. Grazia Mannozzi and it is based at the University of Insubria. Its mission is to develop and promote RJ principles in a wide range of contexts: criminal, civil, commercial, family and community. To achieve this aim the centre encourages research, carries out and promotes conferences, seminars, meetings, reading circles, summer schools and winter schools as well as training courses on RJ for non-profit organisations, associations, schools and universities. For further information please find the flyer above and visit www.cesgrem.uninsubria.it.