The aim of the Swiss RJ Forum is to promote Restorative Justice in Switzerland through:
- the development of theoretical and ethical bases supporting Restorative Justice
- sharing information on what Restorative Justice is and its usefulness
- promoting the development of criminal policies and legislation, enabling the expansion of Restorative Justice in, alongside, or in place of Criminal Justice
- stimulating research on Restorative Justice
- supporting projects in the practical implementation of Restorative Justice programs, as well as their evaluation
- promoting training projects for facilitators.
Founded in 2015, AJURES (Association pour la Justice Restaurative en Suisse) is a non-profit association that promotes restorative justice in Switzerland and enables victims and offenders to communicate. The objective is to respond to the social and personal needs of people affected by crime. AJURES is mainly active in setting up direct or indirect dialogues and in advocating a legal framework for Restorative Justice in Switzerland. We are happy to be part of the EFRJ to share and benefit from the experience of other members in our activities.
Header photo: Thun by Daniel Vogel