Year 2020 marks the 20th anniversary of the European Forum for Restorative Justice (EFRJ).
It is worth celebrating the success throughout those years. The EFRJ has become an
international network organisation connecting members active in the field of restorative
justice as practitioners, academics, and policy makers throughout Europe and beyond.
During the two decades, even restorative justice has come of age and is now part of a
larger eco-system. Now, the EFRJ has a more important role to play than ever. Moving
forward to the next decades we will discover new spaces and forms of practice and
overcome cultural barriers.
To celebrate its anniversary, the EFRJ will be publishing a special issue of its yearly
Newsletter: the Jubilee Magazine for its 20th Anniversary, to be released in November
2020. For this issue, we are now launching a call for contributions.
We are looking for articles that deal with:
- Past, present, and future of the EFRJ as an organisation.
- Past, present, and future themes relevant for restorative justice in Europe and beyond
- Past, present, and future critical voices, controversies and stepping stones for restorative justice in Europe and beyond
Contributions can relate to academic research, policy development or practice and
should be accessible for a wide audience of readers. The main focus is on the
application of restorative justice to criminal matters but other areas, such as family,
school, and community mediation, are also welcomed.
Contributions can also include testimonies of personal experiences with the EFRJ
(e.g. your first international conference? your contribution as a board member or
committee member?) or with restorative justice (e.g. the first restorative justice meeting
you facilitated? the first time you heard about restorative justice and fell in love with it?
your biggest challenge/ disappointment/ fear with restorative justice?).
These can be submitted as articles, interviews, journaling, poems, or any other
creative written texts. Contributions can include pictures, drawings, cartoons, or any
Guidelines to the authors:
- Length of the paper should be 1000-2000 words
- Contributions should be submitted in a Word document containing
- Title (max 60 characters including spaces)
- Attention getter, summarising the article (max 260 characters including spaces)
- Main points of the article summarised as 3 short sentences in bullet points (max 100 characters per sentence including spaces)
- Main article divided in different paragraphs including introduction and conclusion: after each paragraph (about 500 words) include a caption (for an image/ illustration) or a quotation (e.g. highlight of the text)
- References (if any) in APA style.
- Biography of the author (max 50 words) and, if you wish, photo (portrait format)
- Images/ illustrations are to be submitted in JPG entitled with the caption as referred in the text.
Deadline for the contributions: 21 June 2020
The Editorial Committee will make an initial decision on the articles by the end of July.
In addition to the Jubilee Magazine, a selection of the submissions can be published in the EFRJ website blog from October through December.
The Jubilee Magazine will be published in November on the occasion of the international Restorative Justice Week.
All inquiries should be directed to and submissions sent to Heidi Jokinen, member of the
Editorial Committee of the EFRJ Newsletter, firstname.lastname@example.org, and to all Editorial Committee at email@example.com.